Vegan Taco Soup is the perfect comfort food for colder days. Whether you are looking for a meatless meal option, follow a veggie-based or vegan diet, or just want a delicious hearty soup to warm you up, this recipe is for you! This recipe is 100% vegan and is also 100% satisfying. Make it with me!
2 Tablespoons olive oil 1 medium onion, diced 2 cloves garlic, minced 1 cup chopped carrots 1 cup chopped celery 2 cups vegetable broth 1 cup frozen corn 2 28-oz cans diced tomatoes 1 15-oz can black beans, drained and rinsed 1 15-oz can pinto beans, drained and rinsed 1 15-oz can refried beans 1 Tablespoon (vegan) taco seasoning1 teaspoon cumin 1 teaspoon salt 1/2 teaspoon pepper Toppings: corn tortilla strips, avocado, cilantro, green onions
1. In a large pot over medium heat, add the olive oil and the onion. Cook the onion until it is soft, about 2-3 minutes.
2. Add in the garlic, carrots, and celery, and cook for 2 minutes.Stir in the vegetable broth, corn, tomatoes, black beans, pinto beans, and refried beans for creaminess.
3. Season with taco seasoning, cumin, salt, and pepper.Turn up the heat and bring the soup to a boil.
4. Once boiling, cover and reduce heat to a simmer. Allow soup to simmer covered for 20 minutes, or until the carrots are soft.
5. Serve hot and top with optional toppings. Enjoy!
We teamed up with Alex from @thealexdaynes to share with you the recipe for this healthy and delicious taco soup recipe. Alex is a food and recipe blogger from Utah. Be sure to give her a follow on Instagram @thealexdaynes or check out her blog www.alexdaynes.com to get her latest recipes.