Love is in the air and we've got a Valentine's treat for you! If you ever exchanged heart conversations with your school crush as a kid, we've got a clever grown up version that will sweep your sweetheart's feet right from under them! We're talking homemade Conversation Heart Cookies. Pure GENIUS! We teamed up with Abbey Rodriguez of The Butter Half to give us her sweet take on making this sugar cookie recipe super colorful and fun! So simple to make, you'll find the hardest part is choosing all of the hilarious phrases.
Whether you're choosing a cozy night in or throwing an epic Galentine's Party, throw on your favorite Albion get-up and win over some hearts with these home made cookies.
Prep time: 1 hour
Set time: 2 hours
Bake time: 5-6 minutes
Yield: 1 dozen conversation heart cookies
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1/2-3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 3 eggs whites
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- gel food dye
Red Food Paint
2. Form dough into a large ball and flatten into a disc between two sheets of parchment or wax paper. Roll out to 1/4″ thickness. Place the sheet of rolled dough onto a baking sheet, still keeping it between the pieces of parchment. Cover and chill in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes. (This helps the dough keep it’s shape when cutting out shapes and baking.) Remove when ready to make cut-outs.
3. Heat oven to 425°F. Cut out shapes with a large heart cookie cutter. Place hearts on a parchment-lined baking sheet and bake at 425°F for 5-6 minutes. Remove from oven, and allow them to cool for about 10-15 minutes before frosting.
5. Mix together the raspberry extract and color dust until it forms a vibrant, thick paint. Place stencil on each cookie, and lightly dab a small food paint brush into the pigment. Lightly dab the stencil outline. Allow each letter to dry before moving onto another. If you mess up, just use a wet paper towel to wipe off and start again. Once all messages are painted on, let them dry for 15 minutes, then serve! Enjoy!
SHOP THE ALBION VALENTINE'S DAY PICKS