The perfect cookie for all our chocolate lovers out there! These babies are loaded with not one...not two...but THREE kinds of chocolate. You heard that right. Milk chocolate chips, semi-sweet chocolate chips AND white chocolate chips! Recipe by our amazing friend @twopeasandpod Make sure to give her a follow for more delicious recipes!
Tips for Making Triple Chocolate Cookies
It is easy to whip up a batch of these cookies! The next time you are craving, chocolate get baking! Here are a few tips:
- Use GOOD cocoa powder. I prefer Dutch process cocoa, but unsweetened cocoa powder works well too. Just make sure you use the highest quality you can find for the best chocolate flavor.
- Whisk together the dry ingredients. Whisk well to get rid of any clumps in the cocoa powder.
- Make sure your butter is at room temperature, but not too soft or melted.
- Cream the butter and sugars together until smooth and fluffy, about 2 minutes.
- Use pure vanilla extract, it’s worth the extra money!
- Use GOOD chocolate chips! Guittard are my favorite!
- When the cookies come out of the oven, gently press extra chocolate chips on top to make the cookies extra pretty.
- Let the cookies cool on the baking sheet until set and then transfer to a wire cooling rack to cool completely.
Chocolate Lover’s Cookies
The Triple Chip Chocolate Cookies are my FAVORITE. I make them ALL of the time and they are always a hit.
The chocolate dough is PERFECTION and the three kinds of chocolate come together to create the ultimate chocolate experience. The cookies are slightly crisp around the edges and have a super soft chewy center.
The cookies are RICH and you might think you can only take a bite, but I guarantee you will devour the entire cookie…and probably eat another. I always do :)
2 1/3 cups all-purpose flour3/4 cup Dutch-process or unsweetened cocoa powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon sea salt, plus more for sprinkling
1 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup packed light brown sugar
2 large eggs
1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
3/4 cup milk chocolate chips, plus more for finishing
3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips, plus more for finishing
3/4 cup white chocolate chips, plus more for finishing
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a large baking sheet with a silicone baking mat or parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa, baking soda, and sea salt. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, combine the butter and both sugars. Mix until smooth, 2 minutes. Add the eggs one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Add the vanilla and mix until combined.
- Gradually add the flour mixture and beat on low speed until just combined. Use a spatula to stir in all the chocolate chips.
- Drop the dough by the rounded tablespoon on the prepared baking sheet, about 2 inches apart. Not all the cookies will fit on the sheet for one batch. Bake for 10 minutes, until the cookies are set but still soft in the center. Don’t over bake. While the cookies are still soft, gently press the extra chocolate chips into the cookies to make them look pretty. Sprinkle with sea salt, if desired.
Store the cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 4 days or in the freezer for up to 1 month.
Two Peas & Their Pod Cookbook
I created this chocolate cookie recipe for our cookbook, Two Peas & Their Pod Cookbook. It is one of the twelve cookie recipes in our cookbook. Yes, there is an entire chapter dedicated to cookies. You get a DOZEN cookie recipes in our cookbook…plus a dessert chapter. I love my sweets
There are 115 recipes in the cookbook, 100 new recipes that aren’t on the blog. All of the recipes are simple, approachable, family friendly, and DELICIOUS!
There are recipes for anyone and everyone…salads, sides, soups, breakfasts, vegetarian dishes, meat lover’s dishes, easy entertaining recipes, and MORE! Make sure you check out our cookbook for our BEST recipes…like these cookies! - Maria @twopeasandpod