The weather is changing and temperatures are dropping… It's slow cooker season! It’s time to bring out the slow cooker to make comfort food crockpot classics!
These slow cooker french dip sandwiches are unbelievably delicious and crazy tender! The meat is cooked low and slow to create the most flavorful bite! I then place the prepared meat on toasted hoagie buns with melted swiss cheese and savor. every. bite! My top tip with this recipe is to sear the outsides of the meat first, before adding it to the slow cooker to lock in moisture and flavor!
1. Heat olive oil over medium high heat in a large nonstick skillet. Using two forks or tongs to hold roast, sear on all sides until lightly browned.Add to the slow cooker and top with all remaining slow cooker ingredients.
2. Cook on high for 6-8 hours.
3. When ready to serve, remove roast and slice thin.
4. Strain the fat from broth and reserve for au jus dipping.
5. Split rolls, butter each side, and line on a baking tray. Top each half with beef followed by 2 slices cheese.
6. Bake at 350 degrees or until the cheese is melted. Serve with reserved au jus for dipping and enjoy!
We teamed up with Alex from @thealexdaynes to share with you this delicious slow cooker recipe that’s perfect for fall. Alex is a food and recipe blogger from Utah. Be sure to give her a follow on Instagram @thealexdaynes or check out her blog www.alexdaynes.com to get her latest recipes.