We've got a craving for some ooey gooey citrusy goodness! We're talking - LEMON SQUARES. If you're in a hurry to whip up a sweet dessert dish, have no fear! Kristie of The Sweet and Simple Kitchen is a genius when it comes to homemade sugary treats in a few simple steps. We promise you'll be relishing these tangy squares in just a half an hour! Keep on scrolling to see how easy it is to make these yummy bites of zesty lemon.
Wanting more sweet recipe ideas? Be sure to follow @thesweetandsimplekitchen
Yield: 9 large or 16 small lemon squares
Prep: 10 minutes
Bake: 16 minutes
3/4 cup flour
1/4 cup almond meal (if you don’t have almond meal, simply replace with another 1/4 of flour)
1/2 cup butter, melted
1/3 cup powdered sugar
1 tsp lemon zest
1/2 tsp vanilla
pinch of salt
1 cup granulated sugar
2 tbsps flour
1/4 tsp baking powder
zest of 1 large lemon – about 1 tbsp
juice of 1 large lemon – about 1/4 cup
2 eggs, beaten
1/2 tsp vanilla
Pre-heat oven to 350F & line an 8×8 inch square baking pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
1. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, almond meal, powdered sugar and lemon zest.
2. Pour in melted butter and vanilla.
3. Use a spoon to mix until a crumbly, sand like dough forms.
4. Press into prepared baking pan evenly.
5. Set aside.
1. In the same bowl, beat together the eggs and sugar with an electric mixer until pale and thick.
2. Add in lemon zest, lemon juice and vanilla.
3. Beat until combined.
4. Add in flour and baking powder and beat to combine.
5. Pour mixture over prepared crust and place on the center rack of your oven to bake for 14-16 minutes or until the edges are golden and the center is set.
6. Remove from the oven and set on a cooling rack to cool completely to room temperature before slicing.
7. Once cooled, dust with icing sugar and cut into squares.
Speaking of CITRUS, have you caught our latest Swimsuit Collection? Take a look for yourself!