Say hello to the most delicious time of the year! When your kitchen is filled with the yummiest aromas of all of your favorite holiday treats! There's just something about baking with sweet seasonal ingredients to get you into the holiday spirit. And nothing screams the holidays more than peppermint flavored CANDY CANES! This week we decided to team up with our friends over at Kodiak Cakes for their classic candy cane recipe, we're talking - Peppermint Brownies! This recipe comes packed full of chocolate mint flavor, with ONE secret ingredient. You guessed it! A dark chocolate Kodiak Cake mix! Whip this up and top these little delights with some fun crushed candy canes and you'll be set. Holiday baking has never been so easy or delicious! Keep scrolling and give this recipe a try!
Remember to cozy on up for some holiday baking with our super comfy pajama pieces! This limited edition collection is going fast so what are you waiting for? Snuggle in them while you can!
Make sure to head to our feed for your chance to enter our 12 Days of Giveaway with @kodiakcakes!
½ cup (1stick) butter
1 cup coconut sugar
½ cup chocolate chips
1 & 1/3 cup dark chocolate Kodiak Cakes mix
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
6 oz semisweet chocolate
1/8 tsp peppermint extract
4 peppermint candy canes, crushed
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. In a small sauce pan, melt butter and chocolate together and mix until smooth
3. In a separate bowl, mix egg, coconut sugar, and vanilla extract together until combined
4. Add chocolate mixture to egg and sugar mixture and mix until smooth
5. Add dark chocolate Kodiak Cakes in about 3 increments, folding into batter until just combined
6. Transfer batter to greased brownie pan
7. Bake for about 20-25 minutes until cooked through and knife/toothpick comes out clean
8. Let cool, spread with topping, and sprinkle with crushed peppermint sticks slice and serve!