The launch of our latest SAGE collection has us hooked on all things green! In light of this new obsession we've teamed up with Lindsay of The Toasted Pinenut to share her incredible Matcha Pistachio Truffle recipe! Just whip up these delicious matcha balls, dip in some rich chocolate and top it off with some pistachios for a super yummy snack. We can promise you that after trying this easy recipe, YOU'LL be HOOKED!
- 1/2 cup extra virgin coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons agave nectar (or favorite liquid sweetener)
- 1 oz. matcha powder
- 2 cups blanched almond flour
- 1/2 cup pistachios, shelled and chopped
- 1 cup 60% cacao dark chocolate chips, melted
- In a large bowl, whisk together the melted coconut oil and agave nectar.
- Whisk in the matcha until combined and green.
- Add the almond flour, using a spatula to mix everything together.
- Finally, fold in the pistachios, reserving a few tablespoons for topping.
- Roll the batter into balls somewhere between the size of a large marble and a ping pong ball.
- Dip each matcha ball into the melted chocolate and place it on a lined baking sheet. I loved the look of just dipping the top because that beautiful green peeks out from the bottom.
- Sprinkle some chopped pistachios on the top. You want to sprinkle before the chocolate hardens, so dip about three and then sprinkle.
- Pop the truffles into the freezer for about 20 minutes. I like them best chilly, but not frozen through. Store in the fridge until ready to eat!
Give @thetoastedpinenut a follow on Instagram and be on the lookout for more delicious recipes.
SHOP THE SAGE COLLECTION