Spring is in the air and we've got the perfect recipe to jump start that health kick for the upcoming swim season! Open your swim debut with a BANG and check out our new Swimsuit Collection! From beautiful Pana Stripes to fun hues of Magenta, you're guaranteed to make a statement.
Today we're making FRESH Homemade Granola and whipping up a creamy Acai Bowl to go with it. If you're anything like us, we're all about sending as little to no time cooking and MORE time consuming :) We've turned to our good friend / Hawaiian adventure / food blogger - Randi of Randi Parks to share how she created this easy recipe in just 30 minutes! Sooo skip the store bought granola and do yourself a huge favor by making this HOMEMADE. Ten times healthier and ten times more delicious.
Be sure to follow Randi's many adventures other tasty recipes at @randigoodie
For the Granola 2 cups old-fashioned oats ¾ cup shredded unsweetened coconut ½ cup chopped nuts 1 teaspoon cinnamon ¼ teaspoon salt 4 tablespoons coconut oil, melted ½ cup pure maple syrup (or honey) 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the Acai Bowl 1 frozen acai packet 1 frozen banana 1 cup frozen strawberries (or mixed berries) dash of almond milk, coconut water, or juice of choice
For the Granola
1. Preheat the oven to 325˚F. Line a large baking sheet with a Silpat or parchment paper. In a large bowl, combine oats, coconut, nuts, cinnamon, and salt. In a small bowl, whisk together coconut oil, maple syrup, and vanilla.
2. Pour liquid mixture over dry ingredients. Stir until dry ingredients are coated. Pour the granola mixture onto the prepared baking sheet.
3. Spread granola into an even layer. Bake for 30 minutes or until granola is golden brown, stirring every 10 minutes (do not let burn). Let granola cool completely. Store in an air-tight container for up to 1 month.
For the Acai Bowl
1. Blend all ingredients on low speed, taking breaks in between to stir (makes it extra creamy this way)!
2. Top with granola and other desired toppings (coconut, honey, chia seeds, or fresh fruit)!