Happy 4th of July! We're making the perfect celebratory treat for you to consume during tonight's festivities. Our amazing Soulstice sponsor Kodiak Cakes is giving us the inside scoop on their amazing homemade patriotic ice screen sandwiches! All we can say is - "Let's all scream for ICE CREAM!" So do us a favor and snag yourself some delicious Kodiak Cake Mix and blend yourself the perfect cookies to complete your choice of refreshing ice cream. To give it that red, white and blue twist, make sure to roll it in your favorite sprinkles. Talk about the perfect sweet treat for all of your summer wants and needs. Keep scrolling to learn more about this easy to follow recipe!
Let freedom ring all summer long by slipping into a swimsuit from our red, white and YOU pieces! What are you waiting for? Take us with you on your next summer adventure!
1/3 cup melted and cooled coconut oil
2/3 cup packed brown sugar
1 egg, at room temperature
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup Kodiak Cakes Mix (we used Power Cakes)
2/3 cup of your favorite chocolate chips
1 quart vanilla ice cream
½ cup red, white and blue sprinkles
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a large bowl mix coconut oil, brown sugar, egg and vanilla together until combined. It is important that your coconut oil is NOT hot and that you egg is at room temperature. To bring your egg to room temp, simply place under warm running water for 1 minute.
3. Add Kodiak Cakes to wet ingredients and mix until just combined. If mix looks extra wet add extra Kodiak Cakes (up to ¼ cup) just until combined. Fold in chocolate chips.
4. Using a cookie scoop drop dough onto baking sheet, placing each dough ball 2 inches apart. Do not flatten balls. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until edges are slightly golden brown.
- Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 3-5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool.
5. Once cookies are cooled place them in the freezer for 5-10 minutes. Remove ice cream from the freezer 5 minutes before you are ready to make the sandwiches.
6. Remove cookies from the freezer, scoop 1 scoop of ice cream onto the bottom of 1 cookie, place another cookie on top and gently smash them together. Roll edges in sprinkles and place in freezer on cookie sheet or baking pan.
7. Freeze for at least 1 hour. Remove from freezer 5 minutes before serving to allow them to soften slightly. Enjoy!