As we say goodbye to a season of holiday treats, we're welcoming new sweet cravings to help us push through winter and roll right into spring! This week we teamed up with Allyson of Reclaiming Yesterday to share her Coconut Butter and Chocolate Dipped Oranges recipe, perfect for a quick snack or party treat. THEY ARE AS TASTY AS CAN BE, FRIENDS. Just whip and dip your way into warmer days and grab yourself a new swimsuit while you're at it ;). The Cove is a personal favorite from our new resort swim collection.
- 6-8 Mandarin oranges
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 2.5 tablespoons cacao powder (unsweetened)
- ½ tablespoon honey
- Coarse sea salt
- About 1/3 cup coconut butter
- Chopped pistachios
1. Add the coconut oil, cacao powder, and honey to a small bowl and whisk to combine. Place the mixture in the refrigerator for about 5 minutes to thicken it slightly. While the chocolate thickens, peel the oranges and separate into segments.
2. Remove the chocolate from the refrigerator and whisk again until it’s smooth. Return it to the refrigerator for a few minutes if needed (you want the chocolate to be thin enough to dip, but thick enough to coat the oranges with a thick layer of chocolate.)
3. Once you have the right consistency, dip the orange segments into the chocolate and lay them flat on a parchment lined baking sheet. Sprinkle with coarse sea salt after you dip each slice, before the chocolate begins to harden.
4. In a separate bowl, heat about 1/3 cup of coconut butter until you have a similar consistency as the chocolate. Dip the remaining orange slices into the coconut butter, laying them flat and sprinkling with chopped pistachios after you dip each one.
5. Place the dipped oranges into the refrigerator to harden for 5-10 minutes. Remove and serve!
Note: when you bring home your jar of coconut butter from the store, it will likely have a layer of coconut oil that has risen to the top. I like to microwave the whole jar (without the lid) for 30-45 seconds, and stir to combine.
SHOP ALLYSON'S FAVORITE ALBION GEAR