There's nothing like homemade mashed potatoes to satisfy that Thanksgiving craving. Imagine irresistibly creamy blue cheese and delicious bacon bits hitting all the right taste buds. Mother-daughter duo, Kiwi and Carrot are back at it again, sharing their take on this traditional side dish. Whip this recipe up and you'll have your dinner guests begging you for more!
Need more recipe ideas for this Thanksgiving? Head on over to these links to see @kiwiandcarrot's other delightful dinner recipes.
Blue Cheese and Bacon Mashed Potatoes
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 8-10 red potatoes
- 1 lbs. bacon
- 6 Tbsp. butter
- 1 tsp. salt
- ½ cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2-3/4 cups half and half (adjust to taste and texture)
- 6 oz. blue cheese (more or less to taste)
- Chives for garnish, optional
- Rinse the potatoes and chop into quarters.
- Fill a large pot half way with water and heat until boiling. Once boiling, add the chopped potatoes and cook until fork tender. Drain the water.
- While potatoes are cooking, cut the bacon into small pieces and cook in a skillet pan. Drain the grease and set aside.
- In the large pot, melt the butter and then add the potatoes. Gently mash with a potato masher. (Don't over mash or they will become gummy).
- Add in the salt, plain Greek yogurt, half and half, crumbled blue cheese and 3/4 of the bacon. Mix gently until incorporated. Top with the remaining bacon and sprinkle with chives if desired.