January 04, 2022 2 min read
This delicious Instant Pot Egg Roll in a Bowl recipe is a hearty, healthy meal of egg roll filling without the wrapper, and it effortlessly comes together in a few minutes in the pressure cooker! Made with chicken, cabbage, onions, soy sauce, carrots, and sesame seeds! You can also top this recipe with a little sriracha if you like some heat, too!
1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 cup chicken broth
One medium head green cabbage, cored and sliced
1 yellow onion, sliced
2 Tablespoons coconut oil
1 Tablespoon garlic powder
2 teaspoons ground ginger
1/4 cup soy sauce or coconut aminos
1 medium carrot, peeled and finely grated
2 green onions, diced both white and green parts
2 Tablespoons sesame seeds
1. Place the chicken breasts and chicken broth in your Instant Pot. Lock the lid, set the valve to seal, and manually set the time to 18 minutes for smaller breasts, 24 minutes for larger breasts.
2. When the chicken is done, drain off the remaining liquid and shred the chicken. Set aside.
3. Turn the instant pot to the sauté function and put the coconut oil in the pot. Melt the oil and add the chopped onions. Cook the onions down until they are translucent.
4. Add the soy sauce, cabbage, garlic powder, ground ginger, and carrots, and stir for 1-2 minutes.
5. Lastly, stir the shredded chicken back in. Toss to coat.
6. Top with green onions and sesame seeds and enjoy!
If you give this recipe a try, let us know! Be sure to check out Alex Daynes on her Blog and Instagram. She is wearing our Destination Joggers and Boss Crop Tee in Emerald Green.
May 16, 2023 2 min read
May 10, 2023 2 min read
April 03, 2023 2 min read