5 Tips On How To Make A Layered Look From Your Closet
November 13, 20212 min read
How To Layer For Fall & Winter
Winter is well on its way, and as temperatures drop the clothing layers increase. There is a technique to layering correctly and when done right, it will keep you warm, cozy, and looking cute all season long! We've got a few of our top layering tips to share with you today to ensure you will be as warm and as fashionable as possible in Albion, no matter the weather.
5 Tips On How To Layer Fall Clothes Into Winter
1. Start With A Base Layer — The secret to staying warm in colder temperatures is using a base layer! We love our Women's Henley T-Shirts for a soft base layer that makes a statement! As the day warms up and your outer layers are removed, you'll end up with a cute top that can be worn anywhere!
2. Mix Up The Colors—Color mixing is a great way to add interest to any outfit! Sometimes, the best combinations are the ones outside the box, so don't be afraid to mix and match in ways you wouldn't initially think of. We love pairing our Plus, each new combo equals a new outfit in your closet!
3. Add A Sweatshirt — Layering a sweater over your base layer is ideal for locking in warmth! Our Neo Crops are fan-favorites and perfect for a comfy cozy look that can take you from the outdoors, in. The classic Sweatshirts are a simple and timeless look while our Puff Sleeve Sweatshirts will give your outfit a touch of sophistication.
4. Work With Texture — One of the keys to layering is texture. Having different fabric types and textures will add dimension and comfort to your looks. Avoid layering the same fabric types on top of each other and instead opt for combinations such as wool and cotton or our a thick knit and our Women's Bomber Jacket. The combinations are endless!
5. Use Accessories — Never underestimate the power of hats, scarves, bags, shoes, and jewelry to completely change the look and feel of an outfit. Accessories can be used for practical purposes, like staying warm with some cozy mittens, or to add interest like with some layered gold jewelry. Have fun with it!
With these 5 layering tips you'll be set for the season! Remember to try new things and experiment with outfits to create a style that is all your own.