Have you witnessed our newly launched smudge swimsuits? Hand painted and designed by our very own graphic designer - inspiring not just an entire swimsuit collection, but homemade macarons - SMUDGE MACARONS that is! Our talented friend Whitney of the The Blonde Who Bakes shares how she took our beautiful smudge pattern and turned them into colorful bites of Albion sweetness! Grab your baking tools and follow the step by step recipe below.
Want more sweet and inspiring recipes? Be sure to follow Whitney on @theblondewhobakes
BAKE TIME: 13 MINUTES
BAKE TEMP: 320 F
YIELDS ABOUT 48 WHOLE COOKIES
BAKING TOOLSAn Electric Stand Mixer. (Our Favorite is the Professional Kitchen Aid)
Half Sheet Pans
Silpat Mats/Macaron Mats
2 large eggs (we will just be using the egg whites)
1/2 TSP Clear Vanilla Extract or 1/2 TSP of almond Extract
50 grams water
150 grams sugar
1 1/4 cup almond flour
--SIFT TOGETHER IN A BOWL--
After sifting, add 2 extra egg whites to the flour sugar mixture
1. Start mixing Group 1 (eggs + extract + sugar) ingredients in stand mixer no low
2. Once the eggs reach the foamy point, add 35 grams of sugar while mixing.
3. Place Group 2 (water + sugar) ingredients in a saucepan and put on med/high heat. Stir frequently.
4. Add Group 3 (almond flour + sugar) ingredients together. Sift together in a bowl. After sifting, add 2 extra egg white to the flour sugar mixture.
5. Combine group #1 and #2
7. Once your sauce pan is to the boiling point, turn off stove, and pour directly into mixer while on low stir.
Note: THE GOAL TO THE PERFECT MERINGUE IS TO HAVE A GREAT WHITE SHINE AND A STIFF PEAK
8. Once you have achieved your meringue, stop mixing and clean off whisk.
9. This is where you will add Group #3 (Dry ingredients and 2 egg whites) to the meringue.
10. Pour directly into the meringue.
11. Fold in slowly , but make sure you get it all combined and all clumps out.
12. After it is all combined, you can now add your food coloring!
Note: HAVE FUN WITH THIS!! MAKE IT WHATEVER COLOR YOU WANT.
13. Once you have colored your batter, place it in a pastry bag with a Wilton #12 tip and pipe on a silat or macaron mat.
NOTE: IF YOU DON'T HAVE THEM AVAILABLE, HEAD TO WHITNEY'S SITE SO YOU CAN BUY THEM THERE! ALSO AVAILABLE: EASY PIPING INSTRUCTIONAL
SHOP THE SMUDGE COLLECTION!