This Instant Pot Corned Beef and Cabbage is better than a pot of gold any day! The most delicious corned beef brisket comes out perfectly tender and juicy, paired beautifully with potatoes, carrots, and cabbage. The veggies are also cooked in the Instant Pot in just 4 minutes in all the corned beef juices. This really is a one-pot meal, that is perfect for your St Patty’s Day celebrations!
1 white onion, quarter
3-4 garlic cloves
2 cups beef broth
2.5-3 pound corned beef brisket, including spice packet
1/4 cup mustard aioli or spicy mustard
1 pound red potatoes – quartered
2 cups colorful carrots
1 head green cabbage, cut into large wedges
Salt & Pepper
1. Place onion slices and garlic cloves into a 6 or 8 quart Instant Pot. Then, place the trivet in the bottom of the instant pot.
2. Place brisket on the trivet and season with the spice packet. Pour in the beef broth.
3. Lock the lid, set the valve to "seal" and select manual/pressure cook setting on high pressure. Set cook time for 85 minutes.
4. Once cook time has elapsed, let the pressure release naturally for 15 minutes. Then do a quick release of any remaining pressure by moving the value from "seal" to "vent".
5. Remove brisket from the Instant Pot and place on a baking sheet lined with foil.
6. Preheat oven to boil. Brush the mustard over the top of the brisket and broil for 3-4 minutes until crisp on top.
7. Meanwhile, remove onions and garlic from the Instant Pot using a slotted spoon. Drain off all but 1 cup cooking liquid in the Instant Pot. Stir in the potatoes and carrots and top with cabbage. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
8. Lock the lid, set the valve to "seal" and cook the veggies on high pressure for 4 minutes.
Once cook time has elapsed, quick release the pressure.
9. Thinly slice corned beef against the grain and serve with potatoes, carrots, and cabbage. Enjoy!
We teamed up with Alex from @thealexdaynes to share with you this delicious recipe that’s perfect for St.Patricks Day Alex is a food and recipe blogger from Utah. Be sure to give her a follow on Instagram @thealexdaynes or check out her blog www.alexdaynes.com to get her latest recipes.