I think we can all agree that sometimes we experience that "hangry" feeling... when all your body is asking for is an ENERGY REBOOT! This week's Tasty Tuesday we turned to mother-daughter duo, Kiwi and Carrot to share with us their delicious Chocolate Quinoa Energy Bites recipe. Whip up this yummy snack and pop these little babies in the fridge to give yourself that daily kick you deserve!
For more appetizing recipes, make sure to give @kiwiandcarrot a follow!
*Yields about 20 energy bites
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- ½ cup oats
- ½ cup chocolate protein powder.
- ¼ cup ground flax seed
- ½ cup creamy almond butter
- ½ cup raw honey
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- ½ cup chopped almonds
- Cook quinoa according to directions on package.
- Mix everything except the almonds in a mixer.
- Roughly chop the almonds and mix them into the "dough" with your hands.
- Roll into balls and freeze for at least three hours to harden. Keep in fridge or freezer.