November 13, 2018 2 min read
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 10x15x1 baking sheet (sometimes called a jelly roll pan - the pan must have an edge!) with parchment paper. Grease the paper and set aside.
2. In a large bowl, beat the eggs on high for 3-5 minutes, and then gradually add in sugar and mix well. Mix in pumpkin puree and vanilla extract on low speed.
3. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt./Slowly add in flour mixture, beating on low until just incorporated. Be sure to scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl with a spatula.
4. Pour batter into the prepared pan, and bake for 13-15 minutes. The cake is done when you poke the center and it springs back. Remove cake from oven, and immediately remove the cake from the pan. Carefully roll the warm cake up, starting at the short end and keeping the parchment paper on (it will keep the cake from sticking to itself). Place rolled up cake onto a cooling rack, seam side down, and let it cool completely.
5. Meanwhile, prepare the frosting. In a medium bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Add in butter and vanilla, and beat until well combined. Slowly add in powdered sugar, and mix well.
6. Once the cake roll is cool, carefully unroll it, and spread the frosting in and even layer. Leave about 1/2 an inch around the outside border so that it doesn't squish out when you re-roll the cake. Gently roll the cake back up, as tight as you can. Place in the fridge and chill for at least an hour before cutting and serving.
7. Dust with powdered sugar if desired directly before serving.
May 12, 2022 2 min read
May 03, 2022 2 min read
April 21, 2022 3 min read