A Classic Chocolate Chip Cookie with a twist... These Peanut Butter Oreo Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies are as heavenly as they sound. Easy to make and a combination of all of your favorite things in one!
Peanut Butter Oreo Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies
Prep Time 25 min Chill Time 1 hr
Cook Time 12 min
12 tablespoons butter, softened
¾ cup brown sugar
¼ cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups flour
1 small box instant vanilla pudding mix - dry, not prepared (one 3.4 ounce box, it must be INSTANT - not cook and serve, etc)
1 teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
2 cups semi sweet chocolate chips (see note)
16 chocolate sandwich cookies (like Oreos)
½ cup creamy peanut butter
- Start by beating butter and sugars together for 1-2 minutes until very fluffy. Add vanilla and egg and mix well. In a separate bowl whisk together flour, pudding mix, baking soda, and salt.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix until incorporated and dough comes together. Stir in chocolate chips. Cover tightly and chill for at least 1 hour.
- After you put the dough in the fridge to chill, prepare the Oreos. Pull apart the Oreo cookies, spread 2-3 teaspoons of peanut butter on one half and press the cookie back together. Repeat with remaining cookies. Place on a plate and freeze until ready to use.
- After your dough has chilled for at least 1 hour, take it out of the fridge and preheat your oven to 350. Lightly grease a large baking sheet and set aside.
- Cover each peanut butter Oreo with cookie dough about ¼ inch thick. Place on prepared baking sheet and repeat with remaining dough and cookies. (Careful not to crowd your cookies too close on the baking sheet.
- Bake cookies for 9-12 minutes until they are started to lightly brown around the edges but are just shy of being fully cooked. Remove them from the oven and allow to cool for about 20 minutes on the pan (until the pan cools), then transfer the cookies to a wire rack to cool completely - they are completely done cooling when you can touch one of the chocolate chips and it is firm. Store in airtight container. Serve at room temperature.