Everything is better MINI. In honor of our Mini's launch, we are celebrating with Mini Turtle Cheesecakes! Creamy cheesecake and caramel topped with chocolate and pecans, it doesn't get much better than that. Treat yourself with this mini dessert and new matching mommy and me swimsuits!
Mini Turtle Cheesecakes
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- ⅓ cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp salt
- 16 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature (2 8-ounce bricks, do not use fat free)
- 1 egg at room temperature
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ cup caramels + 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- ½ cup semisweet chocolate chips + 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line muffin tin with cupcake liners.
- For the brownie layer, stir together flour and salt in a small bowl and set aside. In a microwave safe bowl combine chocolate and butter and microwave on half-power for 1 minute. Stir and return to microwave for 20 seconds at a time, stirring after each until smooth.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine sugar, eggs and vanilla and whisk until completely incorporated. Whisk in the chocolate mixture. Stir in the flour mixture until just incorporated.
- Spoon the brownie mixture into the bottom of each cupcake liner. Bake for 10 minutes and set aside.
- Prepare the cheesecake layer by creaming together the cream cheese, egg, sugar, and vanilla until smooth. Fill each liner ¾ full with the cheesecake mixture. Bake for 20-25 minutes until cheesecake is set. (Just wiggle the pan a little big and if the cheesecake doesn't move much it's done). Allow to cool about 15 minutes.
- Combine caramels and heavy cream in a microwave safe bowl and cook on half power for 2 minutes. Stir, return to microwave for 20 seconds at a time until smooth. Repeat process in another bowl with chocolate chips and heavy cream.
- Spoon some caramel sauce on the top of each each cheesecake. Transfer to freezer or fridge for 2-3 minutes, then spoon chocolate sauce on top of caramel. Top with pecans. Serve immediately or chill until ready to serve.